You can guess the mold in your air duct with a sense of smell. Some strange and bad odor is observed in many rooms. If there is extreme mold growth, then you will observe dark spots around the ducts, in the vents or other parts of ductwork. Most people rely on regular cleaning of their HVAC air ducts for the elimination of the mold. But does air duct cleaning remove mold?
According to a study by the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), regular duct cleaning can be beneficial. It not only helps you get rid of mold growth but also eliminates various duct contaminants from your air ducts. But first, you need to know the signs of mold growth to remove them.
Signs of Mold in Air Ducts
- Irritation in your nose, throat, and eyes whenever you step inside an air-conditioned room or while switching on the AC.
- Undergoing major allergic issues like a runny nose, rashes, and watering eyes.
- Suffering from severe and sudden headaches that vanish as soon as you move out from the AC room.
- Feeling of vomiting, weakness, and dizziness only when you are at home.
- Signs of mold growth inside intake vents or around air conditioner drip pan.
However, if you are living in a warm climate still you inspect all the above issues, then it’s time to suspect a mold infestation within your HVAC system. Never ignore, delay, or wait for the signs to occur. Keep observing your HVAC air ducts regularly. Here, the best advice is to take the help of professionals. They will provide a perfect answer to your question does air duct cleaning remove mold.
Need Professional Air Duct Cleaning Service?
Get rid of health issues removing mold in your air ducts with the help of Your Air Specialist. Our experience and expertise in cleaning air ducts will ensure you improve indoor air quality. We provide the best duct cleaning in Ellicott City and other DMV areas, i.e., Washington D.C, Maryland and Virginia.