Everybody wants to live in a healthy house. But due to some other reasons mold occurs on the walls and disturbs the healthy place. It can occur on your new and old houses. That’s the reason you should know how to get rid of mold on walls permanently.
First of all, let’s know what is mold?
Mold is a discoloration that appears on walls which can spread in house and pollute the entire environment of the house. It can be seen when the color on walls start changing to green, brown, black or sometimes orange.
The main reason of mold is increase in moisture (humidity) level or water leakage in that area. It is a great risk to human health as mold is one type of poison. It can be risky for infants and pets too. Therefore it is vital to get rid of mold whether it is inside house walls, bathroom walls, outer walls or ceilings.
How to get rid of mold on walls permanently?
As mold creates health issues it is very important to know how to get rid of mold. There are two ways to remove mold either do it yourself or call the professionals immediately.
Let’s start with do it yourself hacks.
- Purchase an electric dehumidifier and install inside the house. This can seem costly but can help you get rid of mold and prevent them from occurring in the future. This is the best way and a permanent solution to mold occurrence.
- Another household way to remove mold is by creating a solution using bleach and water. You can also use detergent in place of bleach. Before applying on the mold area, protect yourself using protective eyewear, gloves, and face-mask. Besides, that open all the windows, doors and make airflow easily. It may be better if it comes in direct contact with sunlight.
- Now spray the solution on the area of mold. Keep it for some time.
- Scrub the area using a bristle brush and wipe down using a cloth.
- If required repeat the above process.
- Simple and easy tip to get rid of mold inside the bathroom is after using it keep the doors and window open until it dehumidifies completely. This can increase the airflow and there won’t be any chance of its growth.
- Application of anti-microbial spray. Purchase a standard product from DIY stores and apply on walls to prevent mold.
Still not able to get rid of mold permanently?
Are you still facing problems on how to get rid of mold on walls permanently in your commercial or residential property, then seek the help of professionals like us.
Your Air Specialist provides complete mold removal services and prevents them from growing again. We provide the best mold removal services in Ellicott City and other DMV areas, i.e., Washington D.C., Maryland, and Virginia.